Friday, December 08, 2006

Dixie Chix: Back On Top

Digby notes that the Dixie Chicks have been nominated for five Grammys.



The Dixie Chicks took the slings and arrows that were meant for all of us who were speaking out against Bush in that dark time four years ago when he was considered by many people in this country to be more of a religious figure than a politician. It was an ugly period and the Chicks were a profile in courage for refusing to back down. In fact they got their backs up when people started writing them death threats for daring to speak their minds and stood even taller. That's patriotism.

Good for the grammys for embracing them. And as a resident of Los Angeles, I couldn't be more proud to call them an LA band.


Fuck off, wingnuts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time I've heard anything by them.
They sound pretty good.
When I was in the military in the early to mid 70s, I was stationed in South Carolina for 4 years. Haven't listened to much country since that time.

BTW, my son was looking at your list of Bands that you like. He says Cheap Trick is chick rock.

Anonymous said...

I have always admired the Chicks for taking a stand, but I've never been much of a fan of country. But this is a flat-out terrific song.

Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

The chicks kick ass, and as for
reba and toby keith, I guess you get what you deserve. The chicks
are'nt just back, they are up for 5
grammies. Way to go chicks...And
thanks for the site. Very good;;