Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Handle With Care

More interesting reissue news: On June 11, Rhino will release deluxe editions of both Traveling Wilbury's albums -- which have, rather unbelievably, been out of print for a decade. The reissues will be available on both CD and vinyl,and both albums come with the obligatory bonus tracks -- all of which have been widely bootlegged, of course. The really good news is that the TW's brilliant re-make of Del Shannon's "Runaway," featuring the man himself in glorious form, will finally be commercially available.

I happen to really love both those albums, but I'm cognizant of the fact that there is a sizable subspecies of humanity for whom the words "Jeff Lynne" are basically interchangeable with "loathsome disease."

3 comments:

dave™© said...

So am I the only one who thought "Tweeter and the Monkey Man" was some sort of Springsteen parody?

As well as Dylan's greatest song in years!

trifecta said...

I am still disturbed about Bob Dylan, and Roy Orbison in the video for 'Handle With Care' asking us to and I quote...

Put your body next to mine, and dream on.

The visual plus the lyrics still gives me nightmares. Love the Wilburys though.

res ipsa loquitur said...

I have both those albums, Steve. And I loooooove "Runaway."

And I don't mind Jeff Lynn, either.