Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Human Riff

Off to Gomorrah on the Hudson to audition for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, so pray for me.

In my absence, however, here's one half of the Glimmer Twins live with
How I Wish.



It's from one my favorite concert videos of the 80s, Keith Richards and the X-Pensive Winos: Live at the Hollywood Palladium; the song itself derives from Keith's wonderful 1988 debut solo album "Talk is Cheap".

Keith himself once famously observed that on any given night somebody somewhere was the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band in the World. For my money, the night that video was shot, the Winos deserved the title.

3 comments:

billy b said...

Keef's my boy.

Working with Steve Jordan is one of the smartest things the boy has done.

Gave him a new outlook and woke Jagger up also.

Anonymous said...

Saw Keith & the Winos at the Beacon (93? who remembers) - standing room in the balcony but who cared!

Was with a friend & his wife, who was extremely pregnant but insisted on going anyway, and was she glad she did.

Keith was so different from the aloof Stone -- he was smiling and chatty and slapping 5's with the front row.

Great great show.

NYMary said...

Gummo,
I saw GBV when I was very, very pregnant with the now 7YO. He liked the bass.