Monday, May 12, 2008

Actually, Rock 'n' Roll Does Forget

And people make fun of me for living in the Paris of the Tri-State Metropolitan Area. Well, guess whose band is playing just down the road from me on Wednesday.


“If you keep reflecting on it, you do become a little bit cynical,” Best said, “you do become a little bit twisted and acidic. But when you actually put that to one side and say, ‘Look, it’s happened, it’s over,’ then your priority is very much about today and tomorrow.”

Read more about the man and the gig here and weep.

Seriously -- what must it be like to be generally considered the single biggest loser of the 20th Century?

6 comments:

P. Drāno said...

Incredibly asymptotic, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I would not call it tragic but what happened to Pete Best is beyond comprehension.

But Ringo was a far superior drummer and the other Beatles made the correct move.

ROTP(lumber)

Anonymous said...

Yes, all you have to do is listen to the recordings made with Pete Best and the ones made with Ringo and you'll know they made the right choice. Ringo was the final, crucial piece in the puzzle.

Is there a theme here, Steve? First Mudcrutch and now Pete Best. Maybe next an update on Bob Welch....

steve simels said...

peter spencer said...
Maybe next an update on Bob Welch....


Funny you should mention -- when I was putting weekend listomania together I chanced across an absolutely ghastly version of Green Manalishi with Welch...

Yuk!!!!

Kid Charlemagne said...

Funny you should mention -- when I was putting weekend listomania together I chanced across an absolutely ghastly version of Green Manalishi with Welch...


I take it you have never heard the Judas Priest version?

Anonymous said...

I just saw that Manalishi vid with Welch. Amazing to hear the great rhythm chart with that wimpy, nothinball guitar on top.