Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Annals of Probably Undeserved Good Karma

Sometimes it really pays to have a blog. For example, after I bitched about wasting 25 bucks on a noisy rip of an obscure Maxine Nightingale B-side last week, a kind reader sent me a superior version, strictly out of the goodness of his heart.

Obviously, I have to share.




I should add that said reader, the estimable Nate Cimmino, does a radio show over at the extremely interesting Dangerous Minds website. Here's a link to the latest episode.

Give it a listen; I think you'll find it entertaining AND informative.

And thanks, Nate!!!

5 comments:

TMink said...

Wow, consumate singing. I gotta put that one on the pod when I get home.

Trey

steve simels said...

Note to self: Reposts of obscure r&b b-sides from the 70s less interesting to readers than hoped.
:-)

Noam Sane said...

Certainly more fetching than that noisy hit of hers. Although that one seems to fit well when it pops up in "Slap Shot" (twice).

That said, sometimes obscurity is a good thing.

I visit Dangerous Minds every morning for multiple doses of weird Interweb goodness.

Anonymous said...

You're right Simels, it wasn't good the first time around. I think it was a B-side for a reason.

Anonymous said...

damn, that's a good song