Monday, April 25, 2011

Apocalypse Nu?

I don't know if it's a national thing or not, but for the last several months, signs like the one below...



...have been appearing on buses running between my home in the Paris of the Tri-State Metropolitan Area and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. All, apparently, paid for for via the religious organization run by televangelist mummy Harold Camping.

I bring this up not because of any personal religious convictions, of course, but because October 21st, the date that life on earth as we know it is scheduled to come to its fiery conclusion, is (coincidentally) my birthday.

That being the case, I'd be remiss if I didn't use the opportunity this blog affords me to ask everybody I know to get my presents to me early.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this regard.

9 comments:

steve simels said...

Note to self: Religious nuts theories about my birthday less interesting to readers than anticipated.
:-)

Anonymous said...

The whole campaign is hilarious, but they're a little fuzzy on the target audience. For instance, there's a really prominent end-of-world sign in Berkeley on Highway 80, right on the commute to the Bay Bridge. Talk about a tough sell. In any event, I'm hoping for some great end-of-world inventory clearance sales, so we can get an HD TV.

AP

Anonymous said...

They better be right or they will owe you one Hell (pun intended) of an apology for bumming you out on your birthday,

ROTP(lumber)

steves said...

I've always suspected you were the anti-Christ ;-)

Anonymous said...

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. ..."

And the Father doesn't need to buy ads at Port of Authority.

edward said...

Hah, it's two days after my birthday. Going to be breaking open an extra bottle of Jameson's this year;>

Sal Nunziato said...

But they are wrong. The end of the world was the day the Fleet Foxes were signed.

Anonymous said...

And have you forgotten whose birthday bookends yours? Mine is May 21, Judgment Day.

dave™© said...

We've got a couple of "Judgment Day" billboards here in town. Didn't realize there was a separate day for the End of the World, though...