Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The Present Day Nurk Twins Refuse(s) to Die!!!

From 2012, please enjoy power pop cult figure Mikal Cronin and friends (amongst whom I'm particularly fond of the drummer, for reasons I'm sure you've guessed) and an infectious unplugged version of Cronin's infectious-at-birth "Get Along."



I have to admit I was not previously familiar with this guy -- you can learn all about him here -- but "Get Along" just kills me. Especially those you-hoo-hoo's on the choruses.

By the by, I am not suggesting that the level of talent is comparable, but I nonetheless think it is not entirely far-fetched to suggest that this might sound a bit like Lennon and McCartney back in their skiffle days.

[h/t rurritable]

6 comments:

buzzbabyjesus said...

Is it because she looks like Johnny Thunders?
"Get Along" is not offensive, and although I watched more than my usual minute, I can't remember anything about the tune.

rurritable said...

This is the opening track from Cronin's new album. It's probably the strongest number, but what I've heard of the rest ain't bad.

youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2eTV2v3V0
He's got an interesting take on Pet Sounds era Beach Boys.

Dave said...

BBJ-- I hope you stuck around for 2:35 on the video. The casual look is worth the price of admission. One man's opinion: I like his stuff.

buzzbabyjesus said...

I watched for its entirety, and enjoyed it, but couldn't recall anything about the song as soon as it was over.

Ken J Xenozar said...

I give it a thumbs up. My of music is context, so I would love to be in the same room hearing this.

BTW, I noticed the drummer's right foot working. I can't tell if she has a pedal or is just tapping her foot.

buzzbabyjesus said...

Musicians need to tap their foot to keep time. She is playing an imaginary kick drum