Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tales From the Mystic East!

Facebook chum and Friend of PowerPop Nelson Bragg -- who has played percussion in Brian Wilson's touring band for lo these many years -- alerted us to this video yesterday.

.....The best Beach Boys 2012 concert video in the world right now. I was shocked when I discovered it. Watch it on a big screen and through a good stereo and see what happens!



In a word...word. Absolutely fantastic, and Nelson's right about running it on a big TV with the sound cranked.

Consumer Alert: Mike Love remains a dick.

6 comments:

FD13NYC said...

This is terrific, great sounding. I wish they'd put this out on DVD.

buzzbabyjesus said...

My favorite part was the inclusion of David marks.

FD13NYC said...

Mine too bbj! And he could still play some guitar too.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I'm going to see Brian Wilson with Al Jardine, Blondie Chaplin, and Jeff Beck next month. I hope it sounds this good.

GLLinMO said...

Great vid. Never saw this tour live, but after this video, I wonder how much input Brian had in the touring production. this is really done right. As were his productions of his Smile and Luck Old Sun tours. Brian is still a genius.

Jim said...

I took my son to the concert at Milwaukee's Summerfest last year on his 15th birthday. As a fan of Pet Sounds and Smile, he was particularly thrilled when they played Heroes and Villains. I had never seen them in concert before and had a great time. Definitely will have to show him this. Miss Carl's voice, though.