Wednesday, July 06, 2016

50 Ways to Find a Word That Rhymes With Delores

A quick postscript on the Paul Simon show (which I have decided was better than I may have indicated):

At one point, Simon's wonderful band broke into a blues instrumental that I thought I recognized, which then segued seamlessly into Paul's "Slip Slidin' Away."

A little intertube research has confirmed my impression -- the instrumental was, in fact, Bill Doggett's classic "Honky Tonk." Kudos to whoever thought that transition up.

And because I love you all more than food, here's the audio so you can do it yourselves.








You're welcome.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Thank you, Steve. Another hidden gem you have unearthed for us to enjoy.

John said...

Damn, PS is so brilliant, brilliant isn't a good enough word to describe him.